Kent State's COVID-19 testing plan is for all students, faculty and staff within our eight-campus system. Random tests are not conducted at this time.
Students, Faculty & Staff
- As of March 15, 2022, Kent State is no longer requiring testing of unvaccinated students, faculty and staff until further notice.
- We based our reassessment on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) new COVID-19 community levels as well as consultation with experts from our College of Public Health and local health departments. Based on the CDC levels, all Kent State locations and campuses are in counties where the community level is considered low, and these counties have remained at low.
- Throughout March, we have continued to see a consistent decrease in COVID-19 cases and have recorded the lowest number of new cases since the beginning of the academic year.
- We will reevaluate this strategy should case counts increase significantly.
- COVID-19 testing remains readily available on our campuses.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19, should report their illness to Kent Sate’s COVID Response Team at 330-672-2525.
- Throughout the spring semester, Kent State will continue to monitor wastewater from campus housing to look for spikes in virus shed to identify possible outbreaks.